Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international non-governmental organisation that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1,000 NGOs operating in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries.
INSO is headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands- the international city of peace and justice.
INSO Cameroon began as part of the Lake Chad Basin program in 2017 and launched as a stand-alone platform at the end of 2021. Today, the program has regional offices in Maroua and Buea, and the country office in Yaoundé. Conflict between armed groups, intercommunal violence, climate-related disasters and weak socioeconomic infrastructure have led to significant humanitarian needs in North-west and South-west regions, and the Far North. INSO provides services to 100 NGOs in these areas.
INSO is now seeking an experienced professional to join our team as Operations Manager for Cameroon.
Expériences / Formation
Reporting to the Country Director, and under the functional supervision of INSO’s Director of Operational Support, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of all Operations functions within the Country Office, including Human Resources, Logistics, Procurement and Administration. You will also be the focal point for HQ colleagues on these functions as well as related safeguarding and audit implementation.
- Lead all HR-related processes, including recruitment, on-boarding, national staff performance monitoring and grievance or disciplinary management.
- Implement and monitor all INSO regulations related to personnel and HR.
- Prepare the national staff monthly payroll.
Legal and Compliance
- Ensure all necessary legal and regulatory documents are filed and maintained with national authorities, oversee country-registration related administration as well as staff visas and work permits.
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
Facilities and Asset Management
- Prepare and maintain leases and contracts with suppliers.
- Equip and maintain all staff facilities and vehicles.
- Establish and maintain a central asset register.
Procurement and Logistics
- Oversee full implementation of procurement processes in compliance with INSO and donor regulations to prevent fraud and corruption.
- Maintain oversight of local markets for goods and services and carry out regular supplier checks.
- Manage and implement INSO fleet guidelines policy.
Safety and Security
- In coordination with the Global Safety & Risk Manager, maintain the Country Security Management Plan (CSMP) and Security Risk Assessment (SRA).
- Ensure all staff, consultants and visitors are briefed on country safety and security protocols.
- Fluency in English and French (written and spoken).
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized academic institution.
- At least 5 years of progressive operations experience, at least 2 of which should be with an NGO or international organisation.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work to set deadlines.
- Proficient use of MS Office and experience with database management.
- Previous experience with logistics and procurement.
- General knowledge of donor procurement regulations.
- Existing knowledge of INSO and affinity with its mission.
- Experience as a user or admin of HRIS.
- Prior field experience in West and Central Africa in a similar position.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and will ensure rigorous compliance with its Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms & Conditions:
12-month renewable contract. €4,550 per month salary, 4 calendar days annual leave per month and 3 days of R&R every 3 months with a €1000 R&R allowance each cycle, global medical coverage (excluding USA) and AD&D Insurance.
Please submit applications to [email protected] and reference ‘Operations Manager’ in the subject line. Applications should be in English and include:
- An updated CV (maximum 3 pages).
- A one-page cover letter detailing why you are interested in working for INSO and how your qualifications align specifically with the competencies required for the role.
Please do not send any additional information. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.