Concern Worldwide est une organisation humanitaire internationale qui lutte pour un monde libéré de la pauvreté, de la peur et de l’oppression.
Nous proposons des interventions qui sauvent et changent la vie des personnes les plus pauvres et les plus vulnérables du monde. Des interventions d’urgence rapides aux programmes de développement innovants, nous nous rendons dans les endroits les plus difficiles d’accès pour nous assurer que personne ne soit laissé pour compte.
Pour en savoir plus sur notre organisation, visitez notre site https://www.concern.net/
About the role :
This is a 24 month new role with unaccompanied terms based in Ouagadougou with a salary of €47,694 to €52,993
This is a new country programme in response to the ongoing humanitarian crisis in Burkina Faso, you will will report to the CD and will ensure the effective set up of support systems and line manage all systems staff, working closely with the programme staff.
We would like you to start in January.
Your purpose :
You are a member of the Senior Management Team and will lead the effective and efficient establishment and delivery of Concern’s programmes by managing the support systems required whilst following Concern Worldwide and donor policies and standards.
You will be responsible for :
Systems management :
- Supporting the fulfilment of legal and regulatory requirements for the recently established country programme ;
- Reviewing procedures in all locations with periodic monitoring and support visits ;
- Conducting or overseeing logistics, administration and security assessments for all new programmes and establishing systems for new locations and interventions as delegated ;
- Managing information systems to monitor and report on the effectiveness and efficiency of Administration, HR, IT, transport and logistics ;
- Drafting of all external contracts to ensure consistency, clarity and minimize liability for Concern.
Security Management :
- Acting as Security Focal Point for Concern Worldwide and liaise with Security Focal Points from each field office ;
- Supporting Security Focal Groups in each location and ensure they have the knowledge and information to operate successfully ;
- Participate in relevant security fora, sharing information as appropriate ;
- Reviewing and updating of the Concern Worldwide Security Management Plan ;
- Ensuring all new staff and visitors receive thorough security briefings.
Budget management :
- Identifying and implementing potential savings and making recommendations to CMT ;
- Preparing administration and transport budgets and track related expenditure. Proactive identification of issues for discussion with budget holders and CMT ;
- Costing systems requirements for funding applications ;
- Identifying all donor-specific system requirements to ensure compliance.
Office management :
- Line managing the systems staff and capacity support of similar staff in other locations ;
- Ensuring adequate supplies, staffing and support systems are in place for all Concern’s premises ;
- Ensuring leases for premises are actively managed and contracts assessed ;
- Ensuring all issues related to government authorisations are managed proactively ;
- Ensure all offices and international staff residences meet security, health and safety standards.
People management :
- Ensuring Concern is fully compliant with national employment legislation and requirements and global HR policies and procedures ;
- Ensuring staff are trained on the Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies and mechanisms to report and reduce potential for abuse are functioning effectively ;
- Overseeing grievance and disciplinary procedures ;
- Management of Health Care provision for International staff ;
- Overseeing the logistics arrangements for visitors ;
- Leading salary and benefit review processes and ensuring results are analysed and shared with CMT and other staff as appropriate ;
- Managing the Health Insurance provision for National Staff, if relevant ;
- Line managing the HR senior staff ;
- Promoting a gender balance at all levels in the workforce ;
- Agree targets with CMT for recruitment and ensure these are met ;
- Ensuring an effective performance development review (PDR) system is in place and ongoing training is provided to line managers and staff ;
- Identifying strategic training needs ;
- Ensuring each systems team member understands what is expected of them ;
- Monitoring and reviewing team performance; giving corrective feedback where required and taking decisive action in the case of poor performance ;
- Participate in relevant HR fora, sharing information as appropriate.
Transport management :
- Ensuring cost effective maintenance of the Concern Worldwide fleet of vehicles ;
- Ensuring accurate and timely transport reports and any recommendations to CMT ;
- Assessing the transport requirements of the country programme on a regular basis and ensuring appropriate solutions are implemented ;
- Ensuring all offices adhere to the Transport and Fleet Management Policy.
Procurement and asset management :
- Manage the Logistics and Procurement staff ;
- Ensuring efficient procurement of goods and services in a transparent and accountable manner, ensuring value for money for the organisation and justifiable use of donor funds ;
- Preparing and overseeing an annual procurement plan for each programme ;
- Establishing and maintaining a Pre-Qualified Suppliers list ;
- Training, supporting and checking personnel involved in procurement ;
- Leading on tendering, contracting and international procurement ;
- Ensuring a clear, well-documented paper trail in systems files ;
- Developing a multi-year plan for asset replacement (fleet and IT) ;
- Managing the fixed asset register ;
- Ensuring all stores and assets are managed and accounted for in line with Concern and donor policies ;
- Ensure representation and participation in relevant logistics fora, sharing information in a timely manner.
Information Technology :
- Manage the IT staff and organise tasks by Regional or HQ IT staff as relevant ;
- Ensuring Concern’s IT policy and procedures are understood and adhered to by all staff ;
- Ensuring provision of effective support systems, enabling the smooth operation of IT systems and management of information (including the servers, if relevant) ;
- Developing staff IT capacity, skills and confidence in using common software packages.
Your skills and experience will include :
- Relevant graduate qualification ;
- Five years’ experience in a systems/operations position with an international NGO, with two years at a senior level ;
- Management of diverse and multi-operational teams ;
- Experience of security management in insecure contexts ;
- Previous work in a similar context, including emergency response experience ;
- Management of a diverse team of senior staff ;
- Working with major international donors and grants compliance requirements ;
- Specialist knowledge and experience in one area of the systems listed above ;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to motivate others ;
- Delegation, time management and prioritizing skills ;
- Computer literate and good knowledge of Word and Excel ;
- Excellent English and French ;
- Empathy with Concern’s mission, vision and goals, and our target group ;
- Proven experience in resource planning & budget management ;
- Experience in Tendering & contract management.
We would also like :
- You to be flexible and reliable ;
- You to be culturally sensitive and empathic to others ;
- You to be able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines ;
- You to have some sense of humour ;
- You to travel frequently to rural field locations and spend periods of time away from the capital in fairly basic conditions ;
- A ‘can do’ attitude and self-starter ;
- You to have previous experience of working with Concern Worldwide.