Le Programme des Nations Unies pour le développement (PNUD) est le réseau mondial de développement des Nations Unies, plaidant pour le changement et reliant les pays aux connaissances, à l’expérience et aux ressources pour aider les gens à construire une vie meilleure. Nous sommes sur le terrain dans 170 pays et territoires, travaillant avec les gouvernements et les peuples sur leurs propres solutions aux défis de développement mondiaux et nationaux pour aider à autonomiser des vies et construire des nations résilientes.
The UNDP country programme in Angola is based on the premise of ‘leaving no one behind’ and ‘reaching those furthest behind first’. The programme includes integrated solutions to complex, interconnected development challenges and is informed by three complementary priorities : (a) fostering poverty eradication and inclusive economic growth; (b) increasing resilience to shocks and crises and enhancing management of natural resources for conservation and economic development; and (c) strengthening inclusive democracy, human rights, justice and rule of law.
To support its various programme and operations teams in the delivery of this ambitious programme, UNDP Country Office is establishing a Finance Assistant intern position to join its Operations Team in support of provision of client-oriented, responsive and timely finance services to clients. The Finance Assistant (intern) will be supervised by the Finance Associate.
The UNDP internship programme offers an outstanding graduate-level student the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNDP’s work with the objective of deepening his/her knowledge and understanding of UNDP’s goals, principles and activities. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various professional aspects
Duties and Responsibilities :
Ensures efficient finance support, focusing on achievement of the following results :
- Provide accounting, finance and administrative support ;
- Full Compliance of financial processes and financial records with UN/UNDP rules regulations, policies and strategies ;
- Assistance in proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for NEX projects; payments and execution ;
- Processing of financial documentation (vouchers, supporting documents, telephone invoices, etc.) and maintaining internal expenditures control system by ensuring that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; travel claims, monthly payment orders (MPOs) and other entitlements are duly processed ;
- Provision of information for reports on financial status, procedures, exchange rates, costs and expenditures (incl. MIP) and potential funding problems ;
- Follow-up with other United Nations agencies for information relating to payments ;
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports in accordance with the Country Office (CO) SOP ;
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources ;
- Maintenance of the proper filing system for financial records and moments ;
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on Finance.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity ;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment ;
- Self-development, initiative-taking ;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work ;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively ;
- Creating synergies through self-control ;
- Managing conflict ;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member ;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
Required Skills and Experience :
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher) ;
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent) ;
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation ;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
Subject area of the above academic levels : Business or Public Administration, economics, accounting, finance management or related social sciences a
Experience : No experience required.
Language Requirements : Fluency in Portuguese and good working knowledge of English is desired.
Conditions of Internship :
- UNDP will provide a stipend in accordance with the provisions of the UNDP Internship Policy ;
- Any further costs associated with the internship must be borne by the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students; or by the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his or her arrangements for travel, accommodation and other costs ;
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for the medical and life insurance of the intern or costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship. The Intern must provide proof of enrolment in a health insurance plan ;
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment within the UN System, but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship. The Intern will not be eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of internship ;
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity ;
- UNDP only accepts interns for a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 6 months.