Vous souhaitez travailler pour une organisation où il vaut la peine d’investir votre personnalité, vos compétences et votre temps ? Vous recherchez un travail passionnant et des objectifs clairs ? Bienvenue chez Welthungerhilfe !
Nous sommes l’une des plus grandes et des plus respectées organisations privées de coopération au développement et d’aide humanitaire en Allemagne. En tant qu’organisation politiquement et confessionnellement indépendante, nos actions orientées vers les valeurs sont toujours basées sur des principes éthiques. Notre vision est claire : « Faim zéro d’ici 2030 » – Si vous voulez faire partie de notre mission globale pour mettre fin à la faim dans le monde, nous nous réjouissons de recevoir votre candidature en tant que.. :
Emergency Programme Coordinator
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bangui, Central African Republic with frequent travels to project locations.
As Emergency Programme Coordinator, you will develop, manage and implement a complex country programme based on the specified directives in terms of speed, content, schedule and budget. The programme is expected to be diversified, spread country wide and carried out in accordance with Welthungerhilfe standards and the directives and contractual agreements with the donors. You will be involved in the development and management of new emergency projects with the country team and provide strategic leadership in all areas of emergency preparedness and programme planning to strengthen the country ’s capacity to respond to all relevant types of emergencies.
- Continuously analyse the changing food security, nutrition and WASH context in the Central African Republic and define new areas of intervention while linking to the ongoing development programmes
- Elaborate and ensure an emergency response preparedness plan (EPREP) for disasters and potential crises based on area-specific situations
- Coordinate the effective implementation of security SOP’s and safety and security guidelines
- Lead the process of developing proposals and budgets together with Welthungerhilfe’s programme and finance units
- Establish contact with donor agencies for emergency operations in coordination with the Country Director and the Head of Programmes
- Identify key donors and support fundraising activities together with the Country Director and the Head of Programmes
- Build relationships with humanitarian I/NGOs, identify those suitable for partnerships and oversee the formation of partnerships and consortia to enhance humanitarian action
- Oversee Welthungerhilfe’s participation in food security, nutrition and WASH clusters as well as other relevant groups as defined by the Head of Programmes
- Ensure regular reporting internally and to donors
- A university or polytechnic degree in disaster management, international development, community development or qualifications that are commensurate with the position
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the management and evaluation of emergency programmes
- Proven working experience in the WASH, Food Security & Nutrition sector
- BMZ, AA, ECHO, OCHA, USAid and/or OFDA donor experience would be an advantage
- Special knowledge of humanitarian systems and security contexts is essential
- Excellent command of tools for rapid needs analysis
- Strong intercultural competence and willingness to work in a multinational team
- Ability to individually manage the psychological and health challenges of working and living in a remote region and provide staff support
- Excellent spoken and written English and French; German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under « Our benefits ».
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by November 14, 2021. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.