Report to: Global Communications Manager
Language Requirement: English, French preferred
myAgro est une entreprise sociale à but non lucratif primée, basée en Afrique de l’Ouest. Nous avons mis au point un modèle d’épargne mobile qui permet aux agriculteurs d’investir leurs propres fonds dans des semences de haute qualité, des engrais et des formations agricoles afin d’augmenter leurs récoltes et leurs revenus de 50 à 100 %. Notre étoile polaire est d’aider un million d’agriculteurs à augmenter leurs revenus de 1,50 dollar par jour d’ici 2025 et à sortir de la pauvreté.
About this Role
The Communications Associate will work within the Communications/Development Team to support impactful communications campaigns and collateral materials that reinforce myAgro’s impact and reputation with stakeholders, partners and farmers. The Communications Associate will maintain inventory of promotional materials, documents, reports, and other project publications. The Communications Associate will also support the Global Communications Manager, Development staff and other positions with myAgro work and events.
- Support the gathering of impact stories for updates and communications.
- Connect with country staff for content for project communications material, including success stories, brochures, one-pagers, and other publications, as well as facilitate their distribution.
- Assist virtual event planning and execution
- Assist in editing and formatting publications.
- Support social media writing and editing.
- Upload content onto myAgro website and ensure content is up-to-date and relevant to staff and stakeholder needs.
- Responsible for departmental administration, and other related tasks as assigned by the Global Communications Manager, Chief Development Officer and the Development staff.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisors.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or another related field required.
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience in communications or related fields.
- Experience supporting marketing and public relations teams.
- Experience interviewing individuals (especially individuals and communities within unrepresented and/or vulnerable populations.)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a multi‐country setting.
- Experience with photography.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word and PowerPoint) as well as Squarespace, WordPress, Blackbaud and any other digital content management platform experience.
- Proficiency with adobe creative suite programs is a plus.
- Experience with video and graphics production is a plus.
- West Africa regional work experience an advantage.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.