Le Programme alimentaire mondial des Nations Unies est la plus grande agence humanitaire au monde luttant contre la faim dans le monde. La mission du PAM est d’aider le monde à atteindre la Faim Zéro de notre vivant. Chaque jour, le PAM travaille dans le monde entier pour garantir qu’aucun enfant ne se couche le ventre vide et que les plus pauvres et les plus vulnérables, en particulier les femmes et les enfants, puissent accéder aux aliments nutritifs dont ils ont besoin.
Background and purpose of the assignment :
The Country Office (CO) in Chad requires the services of a Consultant to support the coordination of the Annual Country Report (ACR) process ensuring quality, consistency, and ensuring the ACRs meet the corporate guidelines and donor standards. Under direct supervision of the Head of Programme and technical supervision of the Regional OIM and Perfomance Reporting Officer, the Reporting Officer will :
- Provide guidance to COs to ensure ACRs demonstrate WFP’s organizational performance through its Annual Country Reports. This will include working closely with M&E and Country Office Monitoring and Evaluation Tool (COMET) teams to establish data readiness structures that will contribute to improvement of the ACR reporting process and quality of reports, and publication of reports by 31 March 2022 ;
- Support Performance Reporting activities and contribute to the establishment and presentation of standard operating picture of WFP programme portfolio and associated results that facilitate informed and timely decision-making at all levels throughout the organisation.
- Coordinate the CO ACR process and including CO submission status, RBD Reviewer status, and management review and clearance ;
- Collate inputs from CO technical teams and draft CO ACR within the stipulated timelines ;
- Ensure there is enhanced coordination process between CO and RBD coordinators ;
- Provide support and advise to COs technical teams on the ACR guidance; ensure that all sections are compliant with new ACR guidance and meet quality for donors and whenever needed and as required, support drafting of CO ACRs ;
- Collaborate with other functional areas in COs including COMET and M&E, programme team, and supply chain for enhanced access to accurate data, and information, in order to advocate and effectively communicate WFP’s work and impact to Donors and partners ;
- Maintain open communication with CO technical teams, including scheduling meetings to address specific requirements for ACR section(s) and liaise with RBD Reviewers to provide guidance ;
- Document lessons learned throughout the process in the 2021 and develop the Lessons learned report ;
- Identify and contribute to the development CO post ACR publications and CO templates for advocacy to donors and partners and to aid in decision making and strengthen the use of the ACRs in the country office ;
- Perform other duties as required.
- A high quality Annual Country Report ;
- A report highlighting what works well and what needs to be improved ;
- Visibility materials developed upon request from the Communication / Reporting Unit.
Qualifications & experience required :
EDUCATION : Advanced courses/training in one or more of the following disciplines : political science, sociology, economics, business management, operations management, development studies, and international development. Additional qualifications in computer science, information management, statistics is desirable
EXPERIENCE : At least 6 years of international experience in reporting on developmental / humanitarian operations; Prior experience in ACR/SPR coordination, writing and analysis process. Previous WFP experience.
Knowledge & skills :
Strong Understanding of information management best practices; Excellent written and oral communication capacity, inclusive of demonstrated presentation skills, Excellent analytical and report writing skills; Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes; knowledge of UN system policies and functions; proficiency in MS Office; knowledge of WFP reporting and data systems would be an advantage :
- Ability to deliver results through planning and organizing own activities effectively ;
- Ability to successfully manage multiple analysis and reporting requests in a deadline-driven environment ;
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills and the ability to influence stakeholders.
Languages : Fluency (level C) in French and English languages required.
Terms & conditions :
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience. Please, visit the following websites for detailed informations on working with WFP
http://www.wfp.org Click on: « Our work » and « Countries » to learn more about WFP’s operations
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS : October 19, 2021