Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) is a member of the World Bank Group, and our mission is to promote foreign direct investment into developing countries to help end extreme poverty and boost share prosperity. We do that through the provision of political risk insurance and credit enhancement to investors and lenders against losses caused by noncommercial risks. For more information, visit www.miga.org.
MIGA’s Regional Office in Dakar is currently recruiting a Program Assistant to provide administrative support to Africa Region Teams based in Dakar and Nairobi. The Program Assistant will report to the Regional Head based in Nairobi, Kenya.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate schedules taking priorities into account, monitor changes, and communicate the information to appropriate staff, including officials outside the Bank Group.
• Draft routine correspondence and proofread materials using proper grammar, punctuation, and style (in French and English).
• Arrange meetings, workshops and events for the regional offices and handle logistics, including sending invitations/announcements, reserving conference rooms, requesting IT equipment and food service, etc.
• Assist with coordination of mission travel for staff into the region, in particular senior management level missions, as well as general staff travel.
• Assist with coordination of conferences, including possible travel to arrange marketing materials, meeting space, etc.
• Assist in the preparation of background materials for meetings/events and in compiling and distributing the documents to relevant participants.
• Arrange for video or audio conferences, liaising with the Bank/IFC video conferencing unit and external partners’ IT counterparts
• Provide support to the team in setting up client meetings and missions’ travel agendas.
• Prepare presentation materials and produce complex texts, reports, figures, graphs, etc., including pipeline reports.
• Contribute to the preparation of marketing materials for internal/external use, in particular PowerPoint presentations.
• Serve as information resource and, draft a variety of standard project-related correspondence.
• Undertake ad hoc inquiries in standard and non-standard databases, and retrieve, manipulate and present data.
• Establish and maintain lists of clients and business partners.
• Under the guidance of the Regional Head and other senior staff, prepare a monthly report for business development activities.
• Gather and review information about companies that have applied for MIGA guarantees.
• Work with a high level of discretion and diplomacy in setting and managing priorities and workflow in an efficient and organized manner.
• Perform ad hoc duties as may be assigned, including back-up to other colleagues when needed.
• A minimum qualification of a high school diploma (or equivalent) and at least five years of relevant work experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Must be able to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment, be eager to learn, responsive to client’s needs, willing to work as an integral part of the team and promote and maintain harmonious working relations.
• Knowledge and understanding of Bank Group administrative and operational policies, Bank guidelines, and procedures to ensure overall quality of outputs.
• Excellent information technology skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes) and willingness to learn new programs and applications as needed.
• Strong English and French language skills (verbal and written), including ability to draft a variety of correspondence and edit materials using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
• Desire to actively contribute to the unit’s objectives. High level of commitment, reliability, motivation, initiative, and willingness to help others.
• Excellent organizational and skills and ability to prioritize and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time pressure.
• Experience in event planning and organization.
• Demonstrated ability to function under time pressure and to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment of changing priorities.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.