Poste 1 : infirmière-sage-femme en santé reproductive, Maiduguri, Nigeria
International Rescue Committee (IRC) répond aux pires crises humanitaires du monde et aide les gens à survivre et à reconstruire leur vie. Fondé en 1933 à la demande d’Albert Einstein, l’IRC offre des soins vitaux et une assistance vitale aux personnes touchées par la guerre ou une catastrophe. Au travail aujourd’hui dans plus de 40 pays et 22 villes américaines, nous restaurons la sécurité, la dignité et l’espoir à des millions de personnes déracinées et qui luttent pour survivre. L’IRC ouvre la voie du mal à la maison. Nous recrutons pour combler le poste vacant ci-dessous :
You will be a vital part of most project teams, ensuring the provision of high-quality mother and child health care to the populations in need. Supervising the clinical activities and guaranteeing the quality of midwifery care in the department, according to IRCs protocols, values and universal hygiene standards in order to provide a high-quality Mother and Child Health (MCH) care to the population.
General Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Reproductive Health Doctor, the responsibilities of the Nurse-Midwife are but not limited to the following :
- Supervising, supporting, and evaluating the team under your responsibility particularly clinic supports, and other related staff in the team such as cleaners, crowd controllers, laundry cleaner and sterilization technician. Planning and organizing their work (areas, days, absences, visits, holidays, etc.) and coaching them in their work with special focus in the following all appropriate protocols and procedures ;
- Supportive supervision to the clinic supports and cleaners on infection prevention and control ;
- Adding quality to the clinical activities in all the maternity departments and activities such as ante-natal consultations, delivery and post-partum, post-natal consultations, family planning consultations new-born vaccinations and liaising with the Medical Doctor about the patients who need special care times, etc. ;
- Supervising the daily activities in the sterilization and laundry room where necessary ;
- Ensuring that the staff on duty knows, implements, and always follows the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control in the medical premises ensuring high standards of hygiene in the working environment ;
- Ensuring that staff using medical devices are qualified and trained, cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols, reporting any malfunction to the facility supervisor ;
- In collaboration with the pharmacy, be responsible for the department-related pharmacy activities (stock and consumption monitoring) as well as maintenance of the medical equipment ;
- Being responsible for ensuring that all the procedures are followed, patients’ data and documents are filled in correctly and registered for compiling monthly reports reflecting the activity in the department ;
- Be part of the teams regular meetings and trainings.
Other responsibilities :
- This is an exciting and diverse role involving some or all the following responsibilities ;
- Plan, organize and ensure the implementation of all sexual and reproductive health activities; this includes updating ;
- The annual project planning and budget and planning any emergency activities or exploratory visits as required ;
- Inform doctors about potential serious problems or complications related to the patients, or problems with medication ;
- Assist and collaborate with the field doctors and nurses when needed (normal or complicated deliveries) ;
- Ensure that newborn babies are correctly monitored from delivery to discharge and that all pregnant women and ;
- newborns are referred to the Expanded Programmed on Immunization (EPI) ;
- Manage, train and supervise the Midwife and Maternity team through activities such as recruitment, defining job and general administrative work on the field ;
- Descriptions, capacity-building, briefing/debriefing, and evaluation of staff ;
- Ensure the implementation of protocols by all staff to improve the quality of health care given to the population and prevent infection due to poor staff practices ;
- In collaboration with the Project Logistician, supervise the distribution of drugs, keep track of consumption patterns ;
- supply orders monitor inventories and train staff to ensure that there are sufficient levels of stock to carry out the remaining activities as planned ;
- Activities of the project and material resources are used rationally and appropriately ;
- Supervise administrative procedures and documents, analyzing routine data for monitoring purposes to have a complete data base ;
- updated and correct information about the day-to-day activity in the project and to assist with decision-making.
Key Working Relationships :
Position Reports to : Reproductive health Doctor.
Position directly supervises : Clinic support
Indirect Reporting : RH Managers
Other Internal and/or external contacts : Health team,WPE, Finance, Supply chain
- Internal : WPE community mobilizers ;
- External : Other partner NGO’s.
- Essential : Registered Midwife With bachelor’s degree in nursing sciences ;
- At least 2 years of experience as midwife and Nurse ;
- Prior working in a governmental or INGO is an asset ;
- Language: English, Hausa and kanuri is an asset ;
- Teamwork, flexibility, commitment, resourcefulness, stress management, service orientation, results, and quality ;
- At least 3-year experience working in a health education/promotion and community project, with displaced population is a plus ;
- Basic computer Literacy: Word and Excel ;
- Must be willing to work in an environment with limited resources with poor living conditions and difficult situations ;
- Able to work remains productive under difficult and high-pressure situations with the ability to prioritize effectively, and respects and adheres to deadlines ;
- Ability to work well under pressure, long work hours, and high workload ;
- Ability to independently organize work and prioritize tasks ;
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual ;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team ;
- Familiarity with the local context: language, culture, etc. ;
- Sensitivity and diplomacy to provide education on a variety of sensitive RH topics ;
- Excellent communication skills.
Working Environment : IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
Poste 2 : responsable de la chaîne d’approvisionnement et des achats, Jijiga, Ethiopie
Job overview :
The Procurement Officer is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of procurement functions for IRC’s office. The position holder will procure Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring good practices and maintaining audit-compliant records. You will ensure that all purchases of goods and services are done transparently, at the best available price, and in compliance with IRC and donor procurement policy and procedures.
Key responsibilities :
Procurement Planning :
Working closely with Senior SC officer and SC Manager, and other internal and external partners, you will effectively plan and support program implementation by :
- Collecting, organizing and analyzing data market information and data to enable effective procurement planning ;
- Preparing and implementing procurement plans following related IRC procurement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) ;
- Monitor supply market and conduct market surveys & analysis to ensure value for money in procurement.
Responsible for implementing procurement plan and strategy and ensuring all procurement needs are met on time in line with GSC and donors’ standards, the role holder will :
- Support the development of procurement specifications ;
- Process approved Purchase requisitions through the procurement software ensuring data accuracy ;
- Initiate and process Request for quotations (RFQ) and Request for proposals (RFP) ;
- Train and certify procurement committee members and participate in tender meetings and evaluations ;
- Prepare bids analysis and other bidding documents for approval ;
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers that is transparent and documented ;
- Review procurement documents for accuracy before taking payment for approval ;
- Collaborating with all departments by Coordination with finance, grants and program to ensure smooth and timely procurement
Contract Management :
You will lead the contracting process so that the terms and conditions, and contracting procedures as provided by Global Supply Chain are followed.
To achieve this, you will :
- Prepare and executing contracts for recommended bidders ;
- Timely renew qualifying contracts and Master Agreements ;
- Execute contracts against set performance indicators.
Supplier Management :
The role will lead supplier relationships and performance to ensure that Suppliers adhere to Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and that there is precise record keeping.
This includes :
- Maintaining suppliers files and documentation ;
- Monitoring and documenting supplier performance ;
- Maintain supplier performance score cards.
Compliance and Ethics :
You will assist in identifying and analyzing compliance risk in procurement processes and in implementing donor rules & regulations for all procurements by :
- Implementing due diligence for suppliers, this includes conducting reference checks, supplier visits etc. ;
- Providing consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures ;
- Identifying and reporting procurement red flags across the procurement value chain ;
- Implementing corrective action plans (CAPs) in response to internal and/or external audit queries.
You will support timely and accurate reporting by :
- Preparing and submitting accurate monthly reports to the Procurement Manager on time ;
- Supporting with developing and updating the procurement plans (assigned) as required ;
- Submitting monthly list of commitments to Procurement Manager/Supply Chain Coordinator and Finance ;
- Submit periodic procurement tracking report for specific Grants that you are assigned to.
Key Working Relationships :
Position directly supervises : N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts :
- Internal : Regular relationships with program staff, Operations staff and country Supply Chain staff at all levels ;
- External : Vendors and Services providers.
Education : Degree in Supply chain Management, Business Administration/Financial Accounting or Logistics related field.
Work Experience :
- 4 years of work experience in supply chain operations (Procurement) ;
- Experience working with NGO preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies :
- Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices ;
- Proven success as a procurement leader within supply chain including planning, procurement and logistics ;
- Good collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who work seamlessly across cultures, organizational units and suppliers ;
- Knowledge and experience in procurement plans, strategies, market analysis techniques, procurement and contracting ;
- Good negotiation skills ;
- Excellent skills in conducting market analysis and sourcing strategies ;
- Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed structure ;
- Good mathematical skills.