L’Initiative internationale du cacao (ICI) est une organisation multipartite, qui unit les forces de la société civile, des certificateurs, de l’industrie du cacao et du chocolat et des institutions internationales, et qui travaille avec les gouvernements pour lutter contre le travail des enfants et le travail forcé dans le secteur du cacao.
Poste 1 : Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System
As part of the ICI’s objectives to eliminate the worst forms of child labour and forced labour in the cocoa sector and its overall programme to promote children’s rights and child protection in the cocoa supply chain, ICI seeks Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in the implementation of its Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System (CLMRS) in pursuit of the ICI objectives for the country Office in Ghana.
The M&E Officer will ensure effective operation of CLMRS projects. S/he will work across all ICI country projects on M&E plans, data collection, mobile application development, and training of CLMRS project staff. Under the supervision of the M&E Manager, the CLMRS M&E Officer will be responsible for:
- Design and develop ad hoc mobile data collection apps/tools and databases to support CLMRS projects and support their use
- Train project staff in CLMRS data collection tools, monitoring and evaluation, interview techniques and needs assessment
- Work with Information system department and CLMRS to review and update KPI SQL codes to ensure quality and accurate CLMRS KPI report
- Work with project managers to ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate data needed for an effective CLMRS project implementation
- Develop a short guide that could be used to review monthly KPI reports
- Review monthly KPI reports shared by Information System Officer and respond to related monitoring and evaluation questions
- Support the development and maintenance of a database that collates indicators for all projects by making entries and inputs
- Work with information system department and program managers to support project partners implementing CLMRS to design and develop good database and data collection systems
- Other M&E tasks as assigned by the Supervisor
QUALIFICATION REQUIRED & EXPERIENCE
- At least Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Social Sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation, or Statistics, required
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) with good knowledge, including design and implementation of project evaluations
- Excellent and advanced skills in designing mobile data collection tools (ODK, others).
- Field data collection experience, including training, supervising, and debriefing enumerators
- Excellent data analysis skills, including in-depth statistical analysis using Excel, STATA, SPSS, R etc.
- Experience in database management, including coding in SQL
- Ability to establish good working relationships with partners
- Solid report writing and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, well organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate effectively across cultures, including with team members and those based in other countries
- Knowledge of child protection and/or child labour is an asset
- Knowledge of French is an asset
The position is based in in the ICI’s Accra office with regular travels to project operational communities.
DURATION The contract is 3 years contract
Please send your CV AND A COVER LETTER. Please put “M&E Officer” in the email subject line to [email protected]
Applications must be received by close of day of 31st May, 2022
QUALIFIED FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To download the job description please click here.
Poste 2 : Finance Manager