Le Bureau régional pour la RAF est chargé de diriger la réponse de la FAO aux priorités régionales en matière de sécurité alimentaire, d’agriculture et de développement rural par l’identification, la planification et la mise en œuvre des activités prioritaires de la FAO dans la région. Il assure une approche multidisciplinaire des programmes, identifie les domaines d’action prioritaires de l’Organisation dans la région et, en collaboration avec les bureaux et divisions du Siège, élabore, promeut et supervise la réponse stratégique de la FAO aux priorités régionales. Le RAF donne également des avis sur l’incorporation des priorités régionales dans le Programme de travail et budget de l’Organisation et met en œuvre les programmes et projets approuvés dans la région, surveille le niveau de mise en œuvre des programmes et attire l’attention sur les problèmes et les insuffisances. Le RAF développe et entretient des relations avec les institutions de la région, y compris les organisations régionales d’intégration économique (ORIE). Le Bureau régional soutient le dialogue politique régional sur les questions de sécurité alimentaire, d’agriculture et de développement rural, facilite l’émergence de partenariats régionaux, et soutient le développement des capacités et la mobilisation des ressources pour la sécurité alimentaire, l’agriculture et le développement rural dans la région.
The Administrative Assistant for Decentralized Evaluations reports to the Regional Programme Leader and the Regional Evaluation Specialists.
Tasks and responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Regional Programme Leader RAF, and the Regional Evaluation Specialists, the office assistant will perform the following functions:
- Arrange appointments for the supervisor, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and respond to routine requests for information;
- Provide office, administrative and logistics support to meetings, committees, conferences, etc.;
- Review, record, distribute and process incoming mail and correspondence; follow-up on pending actions;
- Respond or draft responses to standard/ routine correspondence and other communications; use word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports;
- Proofread documents and format texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style, as well as for adherence to established standards;
- Initiate general administrative tasks in the computerized financial / travel / human resources systems;
- Make travel and hotel arrangements and prepare travel authorizations/claims for the Regional Evaluation Specialists and evaluation team members evaluation missions as required;
- In conjunction with the Country Offices and other potential stakeholders, support the processing of travel authorizations, air tickets, insurance, and travel reimbursements, in accordance with the Organization’s standards;
- Provide assistance in the administrative processing of vacancy announcements and evaluation consultants’ contracts, including organization of interviews;
- Support the planning and control of budgets for decentralized project evaluations, executing payments as requested;
- Research, compile and organize information and reference materials from various sources for reports; create spreadsheets and presentations; manage and update databases for mailing lists and other information; and maintain electronic and paper files;
- Perform other duties as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING:
- Secondary School Education
- 3 years of experience in administrative and operations support, logistics, planning and control of budgets for Projects
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English and knowledge of French (level B)
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
- Nationality of Ghana or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Familiarity with FAO and/or UN field programme management procedures and guidelines;
- Excellent communications skill, both orally and in writing, on technical materials for audiences at different
- levels of technical expertise;
- Working knowledge of French (Level C); an asset
- Extent of knowledge of corporate information systems such as Oracle, FAO COIN (Country Office
- Information System) and FAO FPMIS (Field Programme Management Information System);
- Knowledge of FAO organizational structure.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Extent and relevance of experience in budgeting and planning
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a technical / competency-based interview.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]