Le British Council est une institution gouvernementale du Royaume-Uni dont le but est d’établir des relations culturelles entre le Royaume-Uni et d’autres pays. Son président actuel est Christopher Rodrigues. L’organisme siège à Londres et compte des affiliations dans 110 pays.
L’institution recrute pour son bureau du nigeria un Programme Manager, Higher Education
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications
Programme Manager – Higher Education Nigeria
To support the delivery of our new Higher Education portfolio of work within Sub Sahara Africa. The Programme Manager will be responsible for the successful implementation of the activities within the Higher Education (HE) portfolio in Nigeria. This will include leading on the implementation of our regional HE programme, Innovation for African Universities (IAU) and our soon to be launched Regional Insights Hub. The individual will also be responsible for managing the delivery of country level HE related activities and provide oversight and management of activities like the Study UK Campaign, our alumni work and all international education related work in Nigeria.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- The post-holder will manage all agreed HE activities in line with agreed timelines, costs, targets and established performance indicators.
- Work with programme/ project managers from other priority locations within the region and partners to develop and implement effective project management plans that will achieve project targets within agreed time frames.
- Lead responsibility for ensuring project management information is up to date at all times
- Prepare contracts for all grants and partnerships ensuring they capture all elements of the partnerships and outline clearly all grantee and partner responsibilities and benefits following established corporate templates
- Monitor and ensure delivery of grants and partnership benefits to funding and non-funding partners
- Provide guidance to team in the contracting of project contractors, consultants and suppliers ensuring they clearly capture all roles and responsibilities following established corporate templates
- Ensure that programme delivery, training events and activity are appropriately screened, including conflict sensitivity screening, and reflect British Council EDI policy
- Lead on programme reporting portfolio managed for British Council Diversity Assessment Framework
- Support team to develop and disseminate case studies, reports and impact stories for external and internal communication channels including digital and print media.
- Oversee the development and deployment of agreed communication strategy and plan in line with agreed activity and campaign plan
- Ensure relationships with stakeholders and programme partners are maintained by team, ensuring professional standards of communication, timely responses and follow through.
- Project manage cross project activity as assigned. This will include but not limited to, roll out of new processes, programme evaluations, one –off strategic projects etc.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
The ideal candidate should be skilled in the following areas:
- Evidence of successful programme / project management to high standards, consistently over time including (but not restricted to) evaluation management, financial management, stakeholder management, EDI and child protection.
- Working knowledge of UK and Nigerian Higher Education systems and policy
- Experience managing or supporting the delivery of Higher Education programmes, marketing campaigns and activities related to student recruitment and international higher education events
- Experience organising and managing events.
- Working knowledge of the UK and Nigerian Higher Education sector, structure, systems and discourse
- A working knowledge and understanding of international student recruitment campaign activities, platforms and models for delivery.
Pay band: 7
Contract type: – Two years fixed term
Alternative locations the role could be based: Nigeria
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience
- Experience managing relationships with high level stakeholders within the UK and Nigerian HE space
- Experience of working in the area of international education marketing and delivering international education services
Closing Date – 31 October 2021 applications will close 23:59 Nigeria Time
Additional Information: Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.